Stage 3 - Planning Services

We are experienced and adept at preparing planning applications for a variety of different projects.

We are experienced and adept at preparing planning applications for a variety of different projects and the related documents/ drawings. Whether your project is residential, agricultural, or commercial we can guide your project through the planning process. We can advise if a full Design and Access Statement is required or just a Supporting Statement and if any third party consultants will be required to prepare reports. We believe in early stakeholder investment and liaise directly with the local planning authority from the outset, meeting frequently to discuss the project. 

Our range of services include:

- Pre Application Advice

- Outline Planning Application

- Householder Applications

- Full Detailed Design Application

- Applications relating to Conservation Areas

- Listed Building Consent

- Advertisement Consent

- Reversed Matters Application

- Discharge of Conditions

- Non-Material Amendments

- Change of Use

- Letter of Objection

- Lawful Development Certificate

- Retrospective Application

Not all projects require a planning application. You can make certain types of minor changes to your house without needing to apply for planning permission. These are called 'Permitted Development Rights' More details can be found on the Planning Portal, alternatively call us today and we can provide tailor-made advice for your proposal.

Prior Approvals (Permitted Development Class Q)

This process can allow a farm building to be converted into a residential dwelling. There are two stages to the application process. To find out more about this exciting new legislation please contact us on 01522 405 100.

Sometimes planning applications cannot be decided solely by the planning department of the local authority and are required to be considered by local Councillors.

Here at ODS we can prepare the speech, attend the formal meeting and present your case to the local Councillors who will then ask any questions before debating the merits of the applicaion and voting.

Planning Appeals

If the local Planning Authority has determined your Planning Application and you are aggrieved but the decision you can appeal to the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government under Section 78 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.

Here at Origin Design Studio we can advise if an appeal would be beneficial. For small and medium size projects, we are able to act as your agent for Planning Appeals and where necessary obtain relevant third-party reports and advice to include with your appeal. For complex appeals we have a number of third-party experts whom we work with closely to assist in developing a robust case for a successful result.

To find out more about this service provided please contact us on 01522 405 100.